International Mental Health Professionals Japan (IMHPJ) is an interdisciplinary network of individuals and organizations providing mental health care, therapy and related services to the people of the various nationalities living in Japan.Together, we strive for a high standard of professional performance.
Founded in 1997, IMHPJ’s goals are to improve the quality, quantity, and accessibility of mental health services available to the international communities in Japan by:
- facilitating peer support and networking among members;
- providing opportunities for continuing education for members;
- maintaining an up-to-date database of professional therapists providing services in Japan;
- encouraging a high standard of ethical and professional performance for mental health professionals; and
- providing a forum for discussing and making coordinated joint efforts related to important issues or events.